APOCALYPSE BOUTIQUE// A gallery in Stoke Newington welcomes Radiohead’s in-house artist for a one off retrospective of rare prints.
Hang-Up Gallery, 56 Stoke Newington High Street, have announced that they will display the work of British artist Stanley Donwood between November 2 – December 1.
The exhibition, titled ‘Apocalypse Boutique’, will feature a varied selection of Donwood’s work with Radiohead, as well as his own companies prints, which span over the last decade.
Apocalypse Boutique is said to highlight Donwood’s unique style and endless diversity.
He said: “Despite some of the many obstacles and handicaps which we have had to overcome, I have done a great deal of work; filling galleries in London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Rotterdam, to name four that I can remember. Here is Stoke Newington you can various examples of what I have painted…I hope you enjoy it.”
As Radiohead’s in-house creator since 1994, Donwood is most famous for creating the powerful, visual and political identity that is often associated with the British band.
Amongst the collection of paintings, etchings and screen prints to be shown, the exhibition will also display the last remaining original canvas from Donwood’s critically acclaimed ‘Hail to the Thief’ series.
The canvas, which graces the cover of Radiohead’s 2003 ‘Hail to the Thief’ the Grammy Award winning album, is widely said to be the main inspiration behind the record.
Donwood has worked with Radiohead front man Thom Yorke since they met at Exeter University.
Hang-Up have previously worked with Donwood for their contemporary online website, this will be the first Donwood exhibition within the gallery itself.
- thomblesinatub reblogged this from drenchedinmilkandholywater
- drenchedinmilkandholywater reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- grimpop reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- kuzilla likes this
- youngandblackworld reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- youngandblackworld likes this
- monty-aeolist reblogged this from revolutionarycheese and added:
- monty-aeolist likes this
- revolutionarycheese reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- eidesis likes this
- coluncon likes this
- rolex7270 reblogged this from unfuckthereallife
- rolex7270 likes this
- juggadouche reblogged this from flanintheface
- some-wave likes this
- to-run-amokk likes this
- jonathangerardo reblogged this from trueotterwaits and added:
- jonathangerardo likes this
- julybish likes this
- botima reblogged this from unshoegazergris
- officinainfernale likes this
- beelzebunny reblogged this from aktklangrecordings
- beelzebunny likes this
- redheadfrusciante reblogged this from lamelatt
- redheadfrusciante likes this
- mcdd745 likes this
- bokemio reblogged this from rabbitinmyheadlights
- bokemio likes this
- wonderingchildborntobewild likes this
- dipartimentosuonopubblico likes this
- wallywallflower reblogged this from nylesvanial
- lamelatt reblogged this from thomymayotube
- artenica reblogged this from rabbitinmyheadlights and added:
- glasslions reblogged this from sonicoyouth
- flanintheface reblogged this from tristezamaleza
- oscuridarizado likes this
- sonicoyouth reblogged this from bache-lorette
- ray-dee-oh-head likes this
- norimatsuaki reblogged this from rabbitinmyheadlights
- mydopeasslife likes this
- altretrofuturist likes this
- tristezamaleza reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- janmanbegins likes this
- superwari0 reblogged this from thomasinayorke
- otrasvoces reblogged this from cracked-polystyrene-man
- otrasvoces likes this
- thomasinayorke reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- cracked-polystyrene-man reblogged this from trueotterwaits
- nikoobafti likes this
- sweatymoth likes this